#12020-21 Academic Year Program 2020-21 學年班
The academic year program consists of three ten to eleven-week quarters and an optional summer term of nine weeks. Classes are held from Monday to Friday; students can expect to have an individual class as well as three group classes of three to four students each day*. One class is 50 minutes.
Prior to enrolling at ICLP, students are recommended to have at least two years of language training in Chinese or the equivalence thereof at an intensive program (with overall Chinese language ability at or above the Intermediate-Mid level, TOCFL B1, CEFR B1, or HSK3). Beginners are welcome to apply for our Academic Year Program starting from the Fall Quarter; those who wish to start from the other quarters are accepted once there are enough applicants to form a beginner's class.
Classes at ICLP emphasize oral practice, so students must spend adequate time preparing and reviewing each lesson. While speaking is a core component of the ICLP curriculum, all classes provide comprehensive training in speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Coursework may include reading materials, recorded audio materials, written assignments, and speeches.
The ICLP is an immersive Chinese language environment. Textbooks are written in Chinese characters; some are rendered in simplified Chinese to suit students' needs. Students are required to speak exclusively in Chinese at all times, both in the classroom and within the ICLP area.
Students in the academic year program are encouraged to attend three consecutive quarters, although ICLP also accepts applications for one or two quarters. From their second semester onward, students may tailor their coursework to their own interests. Splitting the year into three quarters provides students with the maximum opportunity to explore our diverse course options.
For a more detailed listing of the class offerings and teaching materials at ICLP, please see our Textbooks.
► Program Calendar
► Program Fees
► Application Information
Note: ICLP courses are known for their effectiveness. If ICLP is unable to find a class that suits a student's exact level or learning pace, our Instructional Office will modify the student's class module to two one-on-one classes a day so as to facilitate their learning.
2020-2021 Academic Year Program
FALL QUARTERWEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9 TO FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2020
8/6 (Thursday) Fall tuition due 9/9 (Wednesday) Latest arrival date for new students 9/10 (Thursday) Placement Test 9/11-9/17 (Friday-Thursday) Orientation and excursions (Attendance Required) 9/18 (Friday) Class schedule and textbooks distributed 9/21 (Monday) Classes begin 10/1-10/4 (Thursday-Sunday) National Holiday: Mid-Autumn Festival (ICLP closed) 10/9-10/11 (Friday-Sunday) National Holiday: Double-Tenth Day (ICLP closed) 11/18-22 (Wednesday-Sunday) Language Mission Days 11/26 (Thursday) Winter tuition due 12/4 (Friday) Last day of Fall Quarter
WINTER QUARTERTUESDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2020 TO FRIDAY, MARCH 19, 2021
12/29 (Tuesday) Latest arrival date for new students 12/30 (Wednesday) Orientation for new students 12/31 (Thursday) Class schedule and textbooks distributed 1/1-1/3 (Friday-Sunday) National Holiday: New Year (ICLP closed) 1/4 (Monday) Classes begin 2/10-2/16 (Wednesday-Tuesday) National Holiday: Chinese New Year (ICLP closed) 2/17 (Wednesday) Classes resume 2/27-3/1 (Saturday-Monday) National Holiday: Peace Memorial Day (ICLP closed) 3/11 (Thursday) Spring tuition due 3/19 (Friday) Last day of Winter Quarter
SPRING QUARTERWEDNESDAY, MARCH 24, 2021 TO FRIDAY, JUNE 4, 2021
3/24 (Wednesday) Latest arrival date for new students 3/25 (Thursday) Orientation for new students 3/26 (Friday) Class schedule and textbooks distributed 3/29 (Monday) Classes begin 4/3-4/6 (Saturday-Tuesday) National Holiday: Tomb-Sweeping Day (ICLP closed) 4/9 (Friday) Summer tuition deposit due for continuing students 4/30-5/2 (Friday-Sunday) Annual Beigang field trip (ICLP closed) 5/3 (Monday) Deferred Holidy: Labor Day (ICLP closed) 5/27 (Thursday) Summer tuition due 6/3 (Thursday) Exit exam 6/4 (Friday) Last day of Spring Quarter
Note: The above schedule is subject to change in accordance with the announcement made by the Central Personnel Administration, Taiwan.
► ICLP 2020-2021 Calendar
#Application Fee (non-refundable)
US$100/NT$3,000 (or the equivalent amount in the currencies listed below)
Fee USD Due Date Non-refundable Enrollment Deposit US$500 As specified in admission letter (usually within two weeks from the announcement of your admission decision)
To be applied towards the tuition of your first quarter.
Fall Tuition US$4,700 August 6, 2020 Winter Tuition US$4,700 November 26, 2020 Spring Tuition US$4,550 March 11, 2021 2021 Summer Tuition US$4,850 May 27, 2021
► All tuition fees are charged in New Taiwan Dollar by credit card; hence, the exact amount in US dollar is subject to change without notice.
► The tuition covers textbooks/materials required for your classes, except for Independent Studies courses for High-Advanced level students. The enrollment deposit will be credited against the total tuition fee.
► Self-financed students must pay the FULL tuition and other required fees by the tuition due date. Otherwise, ICLP reserves the right to NOT schedule your courses.
If students need to withdraw from the Program, the following refund guidelines must be observed:
- Students who submit a refund application prior to the first day of class are entitled to a 90% refund of the tuition.
- Students who submit a refund application before the end of the first third of classes are entitled to a refund of 50% of the tuition.
- There will be no refund after the first third of the classes.
- If courses of an entire quarter are cancelled due to low enrollment or other reasons unrelated to the student, a full refund will be issued without interest.
- Except in the event of Item 4, no refund will be issued for the application fee.
- Refund applications shall be submitted by 17:00 of the due date. Please submit the following documents to the ICLP Office in person (the procedure takes about 1 hour):
- Application form (filled out at ICLP);
- Payment receipt (original);
- ICLP student ID card (original);
- Photocopy of national ID card, passport or ARC;
- Photocopy of the applicant's bank passbook (bankbook) cover page, which should clearly indicate the account name, account number and the name of the bank branch.
- Students who are unable to attend/continue the program may apply for a deferment of enrollment.
- When a deferment application is submitted prior to the first day of class, the enrollment deposit and/or full tuition will be held for one year.
- When a deferment application is submitted before the end of the first third of classes, two-thirds of the tuition will be held for one year. The applicant must pay the remaining tuition balance prior to the tuition due date of the quarter they wish to defer their enrollment to.
- No application for deferment will be accepted after the first third of the classes.
- A processing fee and any difference in tuition will be charged in the event that the tuition is raised. However, no refund of tuition difference will be issued if the tuition is reduced.
- Enrollment can only be deferred once. No refund application will be accepted once deferment is granted whether or not the applicant is able to enroll.
- Fees for optional courses, field trips, housing and insurance are non-refundable.
- The refund policy is in compliance with the Regulations for Implementation of Continuing Education at Higher Education Institutions (專科以上學校推廣教育實施辦法修正條文; 100.1.11教育部令) enacted by the R.O.C Ministry of Education.
2020-2021 Academic Year ProgramThe academic year program consists of the Fall, Winter, Spring Quarters, and an optional summer term. Students are encouraged to attend three consecutive quarters, though ICLP also accepts applications for one or two quarters.
April 30, 2020 (On a rolling basis through July, 2020)
Admission decisions are expected to be issued within two weeks after receipt of the complete application.
2020-2021 Application Requirements
► ICLP Online Application System
The compatibility issues with Internet Explorer have been fixed; if pop-up messages are still not showing up properly, please try switching to another browser. Our apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
To apply for other programs, please visit Summer Program or Flagship Program.