#1Academic Year Program 學年班
The academic year program consists of three ten to twelve-week quarters, and an optional summer term of nine weeks. Classes are held from Monday to Friday; students can expect to have three group classes of three to four students, as well as an individual class each day. All classes last one hour.
Classes at the ICLP emphasize oral practice, so students must spend adequate time preparing and reviewing each lesson. While speaking is a core component of the ICLP curriculum, all classes provide comprehensive training in speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Coursework may include reading materials, recorded audio materials, written assignments, and speeches.
The ICLP is an immersive Chinese language environment. Textbooks are written in Chinese characters; some are rendered in simplified Chinese to suit students’ needs. Students are required to speak exclusively in Chinese at all times, both in the classroom and within the ICLP area.
Students in the academic year program are encouraged to attend three consecutive quarters, though ICLP also accepts applications for one or two quarters. From their second semester onward, students may tailor their coursework to their own interests. Splitting the year into three quarters provides students with the maximum opportunity to explore our diverse course options.
For a more detailed listing of the class offerings and teaching materials at ICLP, please see our Textbooks.
► Program Calendar
► Program Fees
► Application Information
2018-2019 Academic Year Program
FALL QUARTERMONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 TO FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2018
9/10 (Monday) Latest arrival date for new students; Tuition due for new students 9/12-13 (Wednesday-Thursday) Placement Test 9/14 (Friday) Orientation (Attendance Required) 9/17-9/20 (Monday-Thursday) Orientation Week (Attendance Required) 9/21 (Friday) Class schedule distributed; Textbooks ready for purchase 9/22-24 (Saturday-Monday) National Holiday: Mid-Autumn Festival (ICLP closed) 9/25 (Tuesday) Classes begin 10/10 (Wednesday) National Holiday: Double-Tenth Day (ICLP closed) 11/15 (Thursday) NTU Anniversary Celebration (ICLP closed) 11/19-23 (Monday-Friday) Language Mission Week 12/7 (Friday) Winter tuition due 12/14 (Friday) Last day of Fall Quarter; Final exam
WINTER QUARTERWEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2018 TO FRIDAY, MARCH 8, 2019
12/26 (Wednesday) Latest arrival date for new students 12/28 (Friday) Class schedule distributed; Textbooks ready for purchase 12/29-1/1 (Saturday-Tuesday) National Holiday: New Year (ICLP closed) 1/2 (Wednesday) Classes begin 2/3-10 (Sunday-Sunday) National Holiday: Chinese New Year (ICLP closed) 2/11 (Monday) Classes resume 2/27 (Wednesday) Spring tuition due 2/28-3/3 (Thursday-Sunday) National Holiday: Peace Memorial Day (ICLP closed) 3/8 (Friday) Last day of Winter Quarter; Final exam
SPRING QUARTERWEDNESDAY, MARCH 13, 2019 TO FRIDAY, MAY 24, 2019
3/13 (Wednesday) Latest arrival date for new students 3/15 (Friday) Class schedule distributed; Textbooks ready for purchase 3/18 (Monday) Classes begin 4/4-7 (Thursday-Sunday) National Holiday: Tomb-Sweeping Day (ICLP closed) 4/21-23 (Sunday-Tuesday) Annual Beigang Field Trip (ICLP closed) 5/1 (Wednesday) Labor Day (ICLP closed) 5/17 (Friday) Summer tuition due 5/23 (Thursday) Final exam; Exit Exam 5/24 (Friday) Last day of Spring Quarter
Note: The above schedule is subject to change in accordance with the announcement made by the Central Personnel Administration, Taiwan.
► ICLP 2018-2019 Calendar
#Application Fee (non-refundable)
US$100/NT$3000 (or the equivalent amount in the currencies listed below)
Academic Year Program 2017-2018 First Quarter (Fall Quarter) US $4,500 Second Quarter (Winter Quarter) US $4,200 Third Quarter (Spring Quarter) US $4,200 Summer Program 2018 US $4,500 Academic Year Program 2018-2019 First Quarter (Fall Quarter) US $4,500 Second Quarter (Winter Quarter) US $4,200 Third Quarter (Spring Quarter) US $4,200 Summer Program 2019 US $4,500
► Starting in Spring 2018, all tuition fees will be charged in New Taiwan Dollar by credit card; hence, the exact amount in US dollar is subject to change without notice. (The amount in NT dollar is currently converted by an exchange rate of US$1 to NT$30.)
► Self-financed students MUST pay the FULL tuition fees and other required fees no later than on Registration Day (latest arrival date). Otherwise, ICLP reserves the right to NOT schedule your courses.
In case you need to withdraw from the Program, please note the following refund guidelines:
- Students who submit refund application after they make the payment and before the course starts are entitled to a 90% refund of the tuition.
- Students who submit refund application before passing the first third of the course are entitled to a refund of 50% of the tuition.
- There will be no refund after the first third of the course.
- If the class is not open because there are fewer students enrolled than it is required or because of other reasons which has nothing to do with students, all the fees which are already paid will be returned.
- Except for the situation mentioned in point 4, there is no refund for the application fee.
- Refund application shall be submitted by 17:00 of the deadline. Please submit the following application documents to the ICLP office in person (the procedure takes about 1 hour)
- Refund application documents:
- application form
- original receipt
- original ICLP student ID card
- the photography of ID card/passport/ARC
- the photocopy of the cover page of the applicant’s bank account book (which shall clearly indicate the name of the branch of the bank and the account number)
- The refund can be expected in 3 weeks after the application submission is accepted and confirmed by the ICLP office (bank remittance handling fee might be charged, and the fee will be charged from the student).
- Postponing the enrollment: Those who cannot continue the program can apply for a “postponement of enrollment”.
- Application before the course starts: The enrollment and full tuition fee will be kept for one year.
- Application before passing the first third of the course: The enrollment and 2/3 of the tuition fee will be kept for one year. And the applicants shall pay the rest of the tuition fee before the beginning of the quarter the applicants plan to enroll in.
- No application for “postponement of enrollment” is accepted after passing the first third of the course.
- A handling fee and the difference in tuition will be charged in case the tuition fee is raised. But there is no refund if the tuition fee is reduced.
- The enrollment can be postponed only once. And once you apply for the postponement, no more refund will be given (even if you still cannot attend the course).
2018-2019 Academic Year ProgramThe academic year program consists of the Fall, Winter, Spring Quarters, and an optional summer term. Students are encouraged to attend three consecutive quarters, though ICLP also accepts applications for one or two quarters.
Fall Quarter: Closed
Winter Quarter: November 10, 2018
Spring Quarter: February 1, 2019
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis; admission decisions are expected to be issued within two weeks after receipt of the complete application.
2018-2019 Application Requirements
► ICLP Online Application System
The compatibility issues with Internet Explorer have been fixed; if pop-up messages are still not showing up properly, please try switching to another browser. Our apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
To apply for other programs, please visit Summer Program or Flagship Program.