#1Customized One-on-one Program (2 weeks minimum) 量身訂作一對一課程
The Customized One-on-one Program offers a distinctive one-on-one learning experience through specialty pedagogy with ICLP's expert teachers to students whose schedules or learning goals do not fall within the range of our regular quarters. Recommended for study periods of 2 weeks or more, the courses may be offered year-round except during ICLP's regular summer quarters, instructor availability depending.
- COURSE TYPE: Intensive one-on-one everyday course at the same time slot from Monday to Friday. The student can choose between in-person or online classes.
- TIME: In person courses will be arranged between 08:10–12:00 and 13:10–16:00. Online courses will be arranged between 06:10–12:00 and 13:10–24:00. ICLP will try our best to make the arrangement according to student’s preference, but cannot make guarantees.
- PROGRAM PERIOD: A minimum of 20 class hours, extendable according to student's need.
- RATE: NT$2,400 per class hour, textbooks excluded. One class hour is 50 minutes.
To gain the maximum effect from ICLP's training, for each hour of class they take, students are recommended to spend no less than 1.5–2 hours daily preparing for and reviewing lessons out of class, so they may focus on oral practice during class.
Placement tests will be conducted before courses begin to help the ICLP Instructional Office assess the student's language level and recommend the best suited course materials for them accordingly. If the student has any preferences or requests regarding course materials, they may state their preferences or requests in their customized program application. Students are also encouraged to communicate the above information to the interviewer during their online oral test, along with any preferred subjects, learning needs and goals.
In-person classes will be arranged between 08:10–12:00 and 13:10–16:00 Taiwan time (UTC +8) from Monday to Friday.
Any scheduling needs or preferences must be addressed by the end of placement tests. Once the class schedule is determined, students must request a leave of absence if they need to miss any classes. No request for makeup or rescheduled classes will be approved.
Students are welcome to join ICLP's lectures that are held during their course period if interested and their schedule allows. Students who register for more than 80 class hours will receive a student ID card, which offers them access to the ICLP wireless network, access to and borrowing privileges at all libraries of the National Taiwan University Library, and ability to purchase passes or memberships at the NTU Sports Center, etc.
Online classes will be arranged between 06:10 a.m. and 24:00 p.m. Taiwan time (UTC +8) from Monday to Friday.
Scheduling needs or preferences may be accommodated if addressed before the end of placement tests. Once the class schedule is determined, students must request a leave of absence if they need to miss any classes. For the classes they need to miss, online class students may request makeup or rescheduled classes for up to 10% of the total class hours in their course period.
Requests for makeup or rescheduled classes must be submitted no later than 48 hours before the scheduled class time. In the event of an illness or injury, the student may coordinate with the instructor to arrange makeup classes at a later date as long as their request for sick leave is completed no later than 2 hours before the scheduled class time.
Tuition Fee Amount Due Date New Student Rate
(per class hour)
NT$2,400 As specified in ICLP's payment notice once instructor availability has been confirmed. Alumni Discount Rate
(per class hour)
- Students who complete one quarter or more of the regular ICLP program as well as students who take customized classes and accumulate 80 class hours or more are eligible for the alumni discount rate.
- The alumni discount rate does not apply to students enrolled in the summer quarter who are approved for a non-standard course module or for studying non-standard materials; the new student tuition rate of NT$2,400 per class hour will apply instead.
- Please note that the fees above do not include textbooks or shipping costs.
If students need to withdraw from the Program, the following refund guidelines must be observed:
- Students who submit a refund application prior to the first day of class are entitled to a 90% refund of the tuition.
- Students who submit a refund application before the end of the first third of classes are entitled to a refund of 50% of the tuition.
- There will be no refund after the first third of the classes.
- If courses of an entire quarter are cancelled due to low enrollment or other reasons unrelated to the student, a full refund will be issued without interest.
- The cost of any textbook, course material, and associated shipping fees incurred before a refund is requested shall be borne by the student and deducted from the refundable amount.
- No refund will be issued for the application fee.
- Refund applications shall be submitted by 17:00 of the due date. Please submit the following information by online request form (contact ICLP by email for the link):
- Refund request form (template provided by ICLP);
- Bank account information.
- Students who are unable to attend the program may apply for a deferment of enrollment prior to the tuition deadline. The enrollment deposit and/or full tuition will be held for one year. A re-application must be submitted by the application deadline of the quarter enrollment is to be deferred to. No application for deferment will be accepted after the tuition due date.
- Enrollment can only be deferred once. A processing fee and any difference in tuition will be charged in the event that the tuition is raised. However, no refund of tuition difference will be issued if the tuition is reduced. No refund application will be accepted once deferment is granted whether or not the applicant is able to enroll.
- Fees for optional courses, field trips, housing and insurance are non-refundable.
- The refund policy is in compliance with the Regulations for Implementation of Continuing Education at Higher Education Institutions (專科以上學校推廣教育實施辦法修正條文; 100.1.11教育部令) enacted by the R.O.C Ministry of Education.
- Application Form
To be filled out through the ICLP Online Application System
- Student's Photo
Please provide a digital, high-resolution photo in JPEG, JPG or PNG format.
- Course History (if applicable)
Please provide a list of Chinese language courses taken.
- Course Preference Form (online)
To filled out through the link provided on the ICLP Online Application System to advise ICLP of your needs and preferences for the courses.
Applications should be completed at least 4–6 weeks before the preferred starting date of classes. The admission decisions will be announced via email approximately two weeks after receiving fully the completed applications.
►ICLP Online Application System
Some compatibility issues may occur with certain browsers; if pop-up messages do not show up properly, please try switching to another browser. Thank you for your patience.
- Application Form