#12021 Summer Program 2021 暑期班
The summer program offers intensive language instruction over the course of nine weeks. Classes are held daily from Monday to Friday.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak and resulting travel restrictions worldwide, ICLP plans to offer an online track for students who may have difficulties traveling to Taiwan for the 2021 Summer Program. Admitted students may choose to enroll in either the Physical Track or Online Track, and must inform ICLP of their decision by May 20, 2021.
The normal visa procedures for Mandarin language students are currently inapplicable due to the pandemic. Unless they hold Taiwanese passports, valid ARCs, or qualify for other types of special entry permits, students will be contacted by ICLP should visas and/or special entry permits for studying Chinese become available for application. Any news in this regard would likely be announced on the following website: https://ogme.edu.tw/zh
Physical track students are required to arrive in Taiwan and complete the government-designated length of quarantine before the registration and orientation day. If unable to obtain visas or entry permits in time, students may choose to enroll in the Online Track instead or withdraw from the program before May 20, 2021. The latest special entry measures for foreign travelers to Taiwan can be found on the website of Taiwan's Bureau of Consular Affairs: https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-220-5081-c06dc-2.html
Prior to enrolling at ICLP, students are recommended to have at least two years of language training in Chinese or the equivalence thereof at an intensive program (with overall Chinese language ability at or above the Intermediate-Mid level, TOCFL B1, CEFR B1, or HSK3). Beginners are accepted once there are enough applicants to form a beginner's class; alternatively, they are welcome to apply for our Academic Year Program starting from the Fall Quarter.
Physical track students can expect to have one individual class as well as three group classes of three to four students each day. Classes at ICLP emphasize oral practice, so students must spend adequate time preparing and reviewing each lesson. While speaking is a core component of the ICLP curriculum, all classes provide comprehensive training in speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Coursework may include reading materials, recorded audio materials, written assignments, and speeches.
The ICLP is an immersive Chinese language environment. Students are required to speak exclusively in Chinese at all times, both in the classroom and within the ICLP area. Most of the textbooks used at ICLP have simplified-character versions or supplementary handouts available. Complete beginners in Chinese are recommended to learn traditional characters as familiarity with traditional characters will be very helpful to their stay in Taiwan.
Summer students are also welcome to extend their studies and attend a single or multiple quarters of the subsequent academic year program. From their second semester onward, students may tailor their coursework to their own interests and enjoy the maximum opportunity to explore ICLP's diverse course options.
For a more detailed listing of the class offerings and teaching materials at ICLP, please see our Textbooks page.
► Program Calendar
► Program Fees
► Application Information
- ICLP courses are known for their effectiveness. If ICLP is unable to find a class that suits a student's exact level or learning pace, our Instructional Office will modify the student's class module to two one-on-one classes a day so as to facilitate their learning.
- One class is 50 minutes.
The Online Track curriculum consists of only one-on-one classes to ensure the highest learning quality and prevent any potential technical issues from disrupting a group class. The entire class time would be fully concentrated on one student's learning instead of being divided among three or four students.
Should travel restrictions relax later on, Online Track students who wish to switch to the Physical Track may do so only if their online classes have been scheduled between 08:10–12:00 or 13:10–16:00 Taiwan time. The student's class module and schedule will remain the same after switching to the Physical Track. The student may not switch back to online classes once they begin taking physical classes.
► ICLP 2021-2022 Calendar
Application Fee (non-refundable) NT$3,000 Tuition Fees Fee Amount Due Date Non-refundable Enrollment Deposit NT$15,000 February 14, 2021 (Priority enrollment)
April 18, 2021 (Non-priority enrollment, first announcement)
May 2, 2021 (Non-priority enrollment, second announcement)
Tuition (Physical and Online tracks) NT$145,500 May 27, 2021 for the tuition balance of NT$130,500
► All tuition fees are charged in New Taiwan Dollar by credit card. The enrollment deposit will be credited against the total tuition fee.
► The tuition covers textbooks/materials required for your classes, except for Independent Studies courses for High-Advanced level students.
WITHDRAWING FROM THE 2021 SUMMER PROGRAM
Students who would like to withdraw from the 2021 Summer Program may choose one of the following alternatives before they submit their track selection decision:
1) Deferral of enrollment: students may choose to start in any quarter within one year. ICLP will hold their deposit/tuition and apply it to the tuition of the quarter they enroll in.
2) Full refund of the deposit/tuition minus a processing fee and bank charges.
The above options are only available before students submit their track selection decision.
If students need to withdraw from the Program, the following refund guidelines must be observed:
- Students who submit a refund application prior to the first day of class are entitled to a 90% refund of the tuition.
- Students who submit a refund application before the end of the first third of classes are entitled to a refund of 50% of the tuition.
- There will be no refund after the first third of the classes.
- If courses of an entire quarter are cancelled due to low enrollment or other reasons unrelated to the student, a full refund will be issued without interest.
- No refund will be issued for the application fee.
- Refund applications shall be submitted by 17:00 of the due date by completing both of the following steps:
- Provide your bank account information online (contact ICLP by email for the link);
- Fill out the application form at the ICLP Office in person.
- Students who are unable to attend/continue the program may apply for a deferment of enrollment.
- When a deferment application is submitted prior to the first day of class, the enrollment deposit and/or full tuition will be held for one year.
- When a deferment application is submitted before the end of the first third of classes, two-thirds of the tuition will be held for one year. The applicant must pay the remaining tuition balance prior to the tuition due date of the quarter they wish to defer their enrollment to.
- No application for deferment will be accepted after the first third of the classes.
- A processing fee and any difference in tuition will be charged in the event that the tuition is raised. However, no refund of tuition difference will be issued if the tuition is reduced.
- Enrollment can only be deferred once. No refund application will be accepted once deferment is granted whether or not the applicant is able to enroll.
- Fees for optional courses, field trips, housing and insurance are non-refundable.
- The refund policy is in compliance with the Regulations for Implementation of Continuing Education at Higher Education Institutions (專科以上學校推廣教育實施辦法修正條文; 100.1.11教育部令) enacted by the R.O.C Ministry of Education.
2021 Summer ProgramApplication Deadline (Taiwan Time, UTC +8):
APPLICATION REFERENCE LETTERS Priority Deadline January 31, 2021 February 4, 2021 Regular Deadline March 31, 2021 April 4, 2021
- Admission decisions will be announced in approximately two weeks after the receipt of applications fully completed before the priority deadline.
- For applications submitted between the priority deadline and regular deadline, the admission decisions will be announced via the online application system by the following dates:
First announcement: April 15, 2021
Second announcement: April 30, 2021
► 2021 Summer Application Requirements
► ICLP Online Application System
Some compatibility issues may occur with certain browsers; if pop-up messages do not show up properly, please try switching to another browser. Thank you for your patience.