#12022 Europe-Taiwan Summer Chinese Program
60 Years of Chinese ExcellenceProgram Features
6 Weeks of Intensive Classes
- Customized Courses
- Modern & Classical
- Traditional & Simplified
- All Proficiency Levels
- Convenient Class Times
ICLP's 2022 Europe-Taiwan Summer Chinese Program offers intensive online language instruction to European students over the course of six weeks.
The curriculum consists of 2 group classes (2-3 students per class) and one individual class each day. Classes are held daily from Monday to Friday. One class is 50 minutes.
After being accepted, students are asked to provide at least 8 time slots out of the 18 time slots between 06:10 a.m. and 24:00 Taiwan time (UTC +8) in which they will be available for classes. A student's classes may be scheduled at any of the time slots they provided.
Classes at ICLP emphasize oral practice, so students must spend adequate time (no less than 1.5 hours daily for each class they take) preparing and reviewing each lesson. While speaking is a core component of the ICLP curriculum, all classes provide comprehensive training in speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Coursework may include reading materials, recorded audio materials, written assignments, and speeches. Textbooks are written in Chinese characters; some are rendered in simplified Chinese to suit students' needs.
►Program Duration: 6 weeks (August 1 – September 8, 2022)
►Instructional Hours: 87 class hours (3 class hours/day), including 2 group classes and and 1 one-on-one class daily, plus cultural lectures and activities.
- Per ICLP policy, if there are no classmates at a student's simliar proficiency level, then that student's schedule will convert to 2 daily one-on-one classes.
Application Fee (non-refundable) NT$3,000 Tuition Fees Fee NTD Due Date Non-refundable Enrollment Deposit NT$15,000 As specified in admission letter, usually around two weeks from the announcement of the admission decision.
(To be applied towards the Summer Tuition payment.)
2022 Summer Tuition NT$95,000 June 15, 2022
(For the tuition balance of NT$80,000.)
- If two or more students enroll together, then they will receive a special tuition discount. To be eligible for this discount, each student must individually notify us via email prior to submitting their application.
- All tuition fees are charged in New Taiwan Dollar by credit card. The enrollment deposit will be credited against the total tuition fee.
- The tuition covers textbooks/materials required for students' classes as well as textbook shipping fees, except for Independent Studies courses for High-Advanced level students.
If students need to withdraw from the Program, the following refund guidelines must be observed:
- Students who submit a refund application prior to the first day of class are entitled to a 90% refund of the tuition.
- Students who submit a refund application before the end of the first third of classes are entitled to a refund of 50% of the tuition.
- There will be no refund after the first third of the classes.
- If courses of an entire quarter are cancelled due to low enrollment or other reasons unrelated to the student, a full refund will be issued without interest.
- The cost of any textbook, course material, and associated shipping fees incurred before a refund is requested shall be borne by the student and deducted from the refundable amount.
- No refund will be issued for the application fee.
- Refund applications shall be submitted by 17:00 of the due date. Please submit the following information by online request form (contact ICLP by email for the link):
- Refund request form (template provided by ICLP);
- Bank account information.
- Students who are unable to attend the program may apply for a deferment of enrollment prior to the track selection deadline. The enrollment deposit and/or full tuition will be held for one year. A re-application must be submitted by the application deadline of the quarter enrollment is to be deferred to. No application for deferment will be accepted after the track selection due date.
- Enrollment can only be deferred once. A processing fee and any difference in tuition will be charged in the event that the tuition is raised. However, no refund of tuition difference will be issued if the tuition is reduced. No refund application will be accepted once deferment is granted whether or not the applicant is able to enroll.
- Fees for optional courses, field trips, housing and insurance are non-refundable.
- The refund policy is in compliance with the Regulations for Implementation of Continuing Education at Higher Education Institutions (專科以上學校推廣教育實施辦法修正條文; 100.1.11教育部令) enacted by the R.O.C Ministry of Education.
- Application deadline: June 15, 2022 (Taiwan time)
- Reference letters submission deadline: June 15, 2022 (Taiwan time)
- Admission decisions will be announced approximately two weeks after the receipt of all application materials.
►ICLP Online Application System
(Note: Some compatibility issues may occur with certain browsers; if pop-up messages do not show up properly, please try switching to another browser. Thank you for your patience.)
(1) Application form
To be completed via ICLP’s Online Application System.
Please submit a high-resolution photo in JPEG, JPG or PNG format.
(3) Statement of purpose
Please describe your personal, academic, and career plans. Why do you want to study Chinese at ICLP? What can ICLP do to help you attain your academic and career goals? There is no word limit or required format, but please be clear and concise about your purpose in learning the language. Please save your completed file in PDF format.
(4) Résumé or curriculum vitae
To be uploaded in PDF format and should be no more than two pages in length. Be sure to include the following information: name, contact information, education, employment, achievements, skills, and qualifications.
(5) Course history (prior learning experience in Chinese)
List all the Chinese language courses or courses taught in Chinese that you have taken in the past. Include the following information:
- Full name of applicant
- Level of each course (include course name and number)
- Institution and dates for each course
- Names of instructors
- Class hours per week
- Textbooks used and extent to which the content of the text was covered
- Language Proficiency test scores (if any)
- Other languages and proficiency level
Official records of all your collegiate work must accompany your application. Please upload one PDF file containing scanned or electronic copies of all your transcripts.
Two references are required from current or recent professors or work supervisors. Referees are asked to assess the applicant’s ability to succeed in an intensive learning environment. After obtaining agreement from your referees, please register your referees in the Online Application System. Your referees will then receive an email providing them access to the system, on which they can either fill out a reference form or upload a PDF copy of the reference letter. The references may be written in English or Chinese.
(8) Non-refundable application fee of NT$3,000
To be paid by credit card via the Online Application System. Applications can be submitted only if the application fee has been paid. If you were referred to ICLP by a current or former ICLP student, please state their name(s) in your statement of purpose. We will waive your application fee of NT$3,000 by deducting it from the tuition of your first quarter.
STUDENTS WHO ARE ENROLLING TOGETHER
If two or more students enroll together, then they will receive a special tuition discount. To be eligible for this discount, each student must individually notify ICLP via email prior to submitting their application.
ICLP ALUMNI AND PREVIOUS REGULAR PROGRAM APPLICANTS
If you applied to ICLP’s regular programs within the last two years or have attended ICLP, your transcripts and references are still considered valid. There is no need to resubmit these items or the application fee. Please indicate on the application form that you have attended or applied to ICLP before and when.
- The requirements for ICLP alums are:
- Application form
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- The requirements for previous regular program applicants are:
- Application form
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Course history