#12021-22 Academic Year Program 2021-22 學年班
The academic year program consists of three ten to eleven-week quarters, and an optional summer term of nine weeks. Classes are held from Monday to Friday; students can expect to have an individual class as well as three group classes of three to four students each day.
Prior to enrolling at ICLP, students are recommended to have at least two years of language training in Chinese or the equivalence thereof at an intensive program (with overall Chinese language ability at or above the Intermediate-Mid level, TOCFL B1, CEFR B1, or HSK4). Beginners are welcome to apply for our Academic Year Program starting from the Fall Quarter; those who wish to start from the other quarters are accepted once there are enough applicants to form a beginner's class.
Classes at ICLP emphasize oral practice, so students must spend adequate time preparing and reviewing each lesson. While speaking is a core component of the ICLP curriculum, all classes provide comprehensive training in speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Coursework may include reading materials, recorded audio materials, written assignments, and speeches.
The ICLP is an immersive Chinese language environment. Students are required to speak exclusively in Chinese at all times, both in the classroom and within the ICLP area. Most of the textbooks used at ICLP have simplified-character versions or supplementary handouts available. Complete beginners in Chinese are recommended to learn traditional characters as familiarity with traditional characters will be very helpful to their stay in Taiwan.
Students in the academic year program are encouraged to attend three consecutive quarters, though ICLP also accepts applications for one or two quarters. From their second semester onward, students may tailor their coursework to their own interests. Splitting the year into three quarters provides students with the maximum opportunity to explore our diverse course options.
For a more detailed listing of the class offerings and teaching materials at ICLP, please see our Textbooks page.
► Program Calendar
► Program Fees
► Application Information
- ICLP courses are known for their effectiveness. If ICLP is unable to find a class that suits a student's exact level or learning pace, our Instructional Office will modify the student's class module to two one-on-one classes a day so as to facilitate their learning.
- One class is 50 minutes.
► ICLP 2021-2022 Calendar
Application Fee (non-refundable) NT$3,000 Tuition Fees Fee NTD Due Date Non-refundable Enrollment Deposit NT$15,000 As specified in admission letter (usually around two weeks from the announcement of your admission decision).
To be applied towards the tuition of your first quarter.
2021 Fall Tuition NT$141,000 August 12, 2021 2022 Winter Tuition NT$141,000 December 2, 2021 2022 Spring Tuition NT$136,500 March 10, 2022 2022 Summer Tuition NT$145,500 May 26, 2022
► All tuition fees are charged in New Taiwan Dollar by credit card. The enrollment deposit will be credited against the total tuition fee.
► The tuition covers textbooks/materials required for your classes, except for Independent Studies courses for High-Advanced level students.
If students need to withdraw from the Program, the following refund guidelines must be observed:
- Students who submit a refund application prior to the first day of class are entitled to a 90% refund of the tuition.
- Students who submit a refund application before the end of the first third of classes are entitled to a refund of 50% of the tuition.
- There will be no refund after the first third of the classes.
- If courses of an entire quarter are cancelled due to low enrollment or other reasons unrelated to the student, a full refund will be issued without interest.
- No refund will be issued for the application fee.
- Refund applications shall be submitted by 17:00 of the due date by completing both of the following steps:
- Provide your bank account information online (contact ICLP by email for the link);
- Fill out the application form at the ICLP Office in person.
- Students who are unable to attend/continue the program may apply for a deferment of enrollment.
- When a deferment application is submitted prior to the first day of class, the enrollment deposit and/or full tuition will be held for one year.
- When a deferment application is submitted before the end of the first third of classes, two-thirds of the tuition will be held for one year. The applicant must pay the remaining tuition balance prior to the tuition due date of the quarter they wish to defer their enrollment to.
- No application for deferment will be accepted after the first third of the classes.
- A processing fee and any difference in tuition will be charged in the event that the tuition is raised. However, no refund of tuition difference will be issued if the tuition is reduced.
- Enrollment can only be deferred once. No refund application will be accepted once deferment is granted whether or not the applicant is able to enroll.
- Fees for optional courses, field trips, housing and insurance are non-refundable.
- The refund policy is in compliance with the Regulations for Implementation of Continuing Education at Higher Education Institutions (專科以上學校推廣教育實施辦法修正條文; 100.1.11教育部令) enacted by the R.O.C Ministry of Education.
2021-2022 Academic Year ProgramThe academic year program consists of the Fall, Winter, Spring Quarters, and an optional summer term. Students are encouraged to attend three consecutive quarters, though ICLP also accepts applications for one or two quarters.
APPLICATION REFERENCE LETTERS 2021 Fall Quarter: July 15, 2021 July 20, 2021 2022 Winter Quarter: October 31, 2021 November 3, 2021 2022 Spring Quarter: January 15, 2022 January 20, 2022
Admission decisions are expected to be announced two weeks after receipt of the complete application.
► 2021-2022 Application Requirements
► ICLP Online Application System
The compatibility issues with Internet Explorer have been fixed; if pop-up messages are still not showing up properly, please try switching to another browser. Our apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
To apply for the 2021 Spring or Summer programs, please visit ► 2020-21 Academic Year Program, ► 2021 Summer Program, or ► 2021 Flagship Summer Program.