#12021 Flagship Summer Program (Online Track) 2021 領航暑期班(線上課)
This program is for students affiliated with the Flagship Program at the following universities:
- Arizona State University
- Brigham Young University
- Hunter College
- Indiana University
- San Francisco State University
- University of Hawaii, Manoa
- University of Minnesota
- University of Mississippi
- University of North Georgia
- University of Oregon
- University of Rhode Island
- University of Washington
- Western Kentucky University
ICLP has been offering a rigorous summer program to Flagship students since 2012. Over the years, Flagship students who received intensive language instruction at ICLP have found their speaking, listening, reading, and writing abilities to improve by at least one sub-level over the course of one summer.
Founded in 1962 to train and develop the oral discursive ability of America's academic elite, ICLP has provided instruction to many alumni who serve in academia and government over the last half century. By studying with ICLP instructors, students will not only improve their Chinese ability significantly, but also enjoy Taiwan's abundant, diverse, and exquisite cultures. In response to the COVID-19 outbreak and resulting travel restrictions worldwide, ICLP is offering online classes this summer so Flagship students can continue to strengthen their language abilities amid the pandemic.
PROGRAM DURATION: 9 weeks (June 21–August 20, 2021)
INSTRUCTIONAL HOURS: 90 class hours (2 class hours/day), optional Cold Reading class (1 class hour/day, available upon request with extra fees), plus mandatory lectures and salon sessions
COURSE MODULE: Online 1:1 classes
► Program Calendar
► Program Fees
► Application Information
To be determined by each student's home institution. ICLP will email an official copy of your transcript to your Flagship Center at the end of the program. If your Study Abroad or Registrar's Office requires an official copy as well, please feel free to request for one through our ► Transcript Request Form.
Determined according to the student's language proficiency level. Please refer to the graph below for details.
Non-core Class Text
Optional Class Text
A Course for Contemporary Chinese III
Stories from Chinese History I
Talks on Chinese Culture
Chinese News All Around I
Thought and Society
Chinese News All Around II
Advanced Mid & above
The Independent Reader
News and Views
Daily dictation quizzes, weekly speeches, presentations, language and cultural activities, and written exams. Flagship students are required to attend at least 3 ICLP lectures and write a 1,000-character report/reflection on at least 2 of them. Students must attend five or more sessions of the Online Chinese Salon; their performance will be evaluated by the salon session host.
2021 FLAGSHIPWEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2021 TO FRIDAY, AUGUST 20, 2021
5/24–5/31 (Monday–Monday) Online placement test 6/14 (Monday) National Holiday: Dragon Boat Festival (ICLP closed) 6/16 (Wednesday) Online orientation (Attendance required) 6/18 (Friday) Class schedule and textbooks distributed 6/21 (Monday) Classes begin 8/19 (Thursday) Exit exam 8/20 (Friday) Last day of summer program
Note: The above schedule is subject to change in accordance with the announcement made by the Directorate-General of Personnel Administration, Taiwan.
2021 FLAGSHIP SUMMER PROGRAM FEES
Fee Amount Due Date Non-refundable Enrollment Deposit NT$15,000 February 14, 2021 (Priority enrollment)
April 18, 2021 (Non-priority enrollment, first announcement)
May 2, 2021 (Non-priority enrollment, second announcement)
Tuition (Option 1) NT$148,500 May 27, 2021 for the tuition balance of NT$133,500 Tuition (Option 2) NT$218,000 May 27, 2021 for the tuition balance of NT$203,000
► All tuition fees are charged in New Taiwan Dollar by credit card. The tuition covers textbooks/materials required for your classes. The enrollment deposit will be credited against the total tuition fee.
If students need to withdraw from the Program, the following refund guidelines must be observed:
- Students who submit a refund application prior to the first day of class are entitled to a 90% refund of the tuition.
- Students who submit a refund application before the end of the first third of classes are entitled to a refund of 50% of the tuition.
- There will be no refund after the first third of the classes.
- If courses of an entire quarter are cancelled due to low enrollment or other reasons unrelated to the student, a full refund will be issued without interest.
- No refund will be issued for the application fee.
- 5.6 Refund applications shall be submitted by 17:00 of the due date. Please submit the following information by online request form (link provided by ICLP):
- Refund request form (template provided ICLP);
- Bank account information.
- Students who are unable to attend/continue the program may apply for a deferment of enrollment.
- When a deferment application is submitted prior to the first day of class, the enrollment deposit and/or full tuition will be held for one year.
- When a deferment application is submitted before the end of the first third of classes, two-thirds of the tuition will be held for one year. The applicant must pay the remaining tuition balance prior to the tuition due date of the quarter they wish to defer their enrollment to.
- No application for deferment will be accepted after the first third of the classes.
- A processing fee and any difference in tuition will be charged in the event that the tuition is raised. However, no refund of tuition difference will be issued if the tuition is reduced.
- Enrollment can only be deferred once. No refund application will be accepted once deferment is granted whether or not the applicant is able to enroll.
- The refund policy is in compliance with the Regulations for Implementation of Continuing Education at Higher Education Institutions (專科以上學校推廣教育實施辦法修正條文; 100.1.11教育部令) enacted by the R.O.C Ministry of Education.
2021 Flagship Summer ProgramSTUDENT PREREQUISITES:
Flagship students with overall Chinese language ability at or above the Intermediate-Mid level.
- Application Form
Includes a 200-word statement of purpose.
Please provide a digital, high-resolution photo in JPEG, JPG or PNG format.
- List of Chinese language courses taken
- Language skills assessment form
To be completed directly on the ICLP Online Application System by your language instructor.
- Chinese language proficiency exams and scores (if applicable)
- Other materials required by student's home university
APPLICATION LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT FORM Priority Deadline January 31, 2021 February 4, 2021 Regular Deadline March 31, 2021 April 4, 2021
- Admission decisions will be announced in approximately two weeks after the receipt of applications fully completed before the priority deadline.
- For applications submitted between the priority deadline and regular deadline, the admission decisions will be announced via the online application system by the following dates:
First announcement: April 15, 2021
Second announcement: April 30, 2021
► ICLP Online Application System
Some compatibility issues may occur with certain browsers; if pop-up messages do not show up properly, please try switching to another browser. Thank you for your patience.
- Application Form