#1Flagship Summer Program 領航班
ICLP has been offering a rigorous summer program to Flagship students since 2012. Over the years, Flagship students who received intensive language instruction at ICLP have found their speaking, listening, reading, and writing abilities to improve by at least one sub-level over the course of one summer.
Founded in 1962 to train and develop the oral discursive ability of America's academic elite, ICLP has provided instruction to many alumni who serve in academia and government over the last half century. ICLP is situated on the Main Campus of the National Taiwan University in Taipei, offering Flagship students access to the NTU Main Library, Health Center, Sports Center, and other facilities in addition to ICLP facilities.
By coming to ICLP to study, you will not only greatly improve your Chinese language ability, but also enjoy Taiwan's abundant, diverse, and exquisite cultures. We have specially formulated this program for Flagship students to provide you with the best study environment with an ideal living arrangement.
*This program is for students affiliated with the Flagship Program at the following universities:
- Arizona State University
- Brigham Young University
- Hunter College
- Indiana University
- San Francisco State University
- University of Hawaii, Manoa
- University of Minnesota
- University of Mississippi
- University of North Georgia
- University of Oregon
- University of Rhode Island
- Western Kentucky University
PROGRAM DURATION: 9 weeks (June 10–August 16)
INSTRUCTIONAL HOURS: 180 hours (4 hours/day)
► Program Calendar
► Program Fees
► Application Information
At least one sub-level of progress in speaking, listening, reading and writing; students must sign a 24-hour LANGUAGE PLEDGE to speak only Chinese for the duration of the program.
To be determined by each student's home institution. ICLP will email and mail a copy of your transcript to your Flagship Center at the end of the program. If your Study Abroad or Registrar's Office requires an official copy as well, please request and pay for one prior to leaving Taiwan.
Taipei Paradise, a serviced apartment complex close to ICLP with the following AMENITIES:
living room, kitchen (oven, microwave, refrigerator), separate washroom and bathroom, bed, bedding (mattress, blanket and pillow), desk, wardrobe, washer and dryer, TV, internet access, air-conditioner, hot water (available 24 hours), cleaning service (weekly).
*All rooms are double occupancy. ► More housing information
Determined according to the student's language proficiency level. Please refer to the graph below for details.
Spoken Language Text
Far East Everyday Chinese III
Stories from Chinese History I
Talks on Chinese Culture
Learning Chinese with Newspaper I
Thought and Society
Learning Chinese with Newspaper II
Advanced Mid & above
News and Views
The Independent Reader
Daily dictation quizzes, essays, presentations, language tasks, debates, and written exams
2019 FLAGSHIPMONDAY, JUNE 9, 2019 TO FRIDAY, AUGUST 16, 2019
6/9 (Sunday) Earliest Dormitory Move-in Date 6/10 (Monday) Latest arrival date for Flagship students
Placement Test for Flagship Students
6/11-13 (Tuesday-Thursday) Orientation (Attendance Required) 6/14 (Friday) Class schedule and textbooks distributed 6/17 (Monday) Classes begin 7/27-31 (Saturday-Wednesday) Language Mission Days 8/15 (Thursday) Exit Exam 8/16 (Friday) Last day of Summer Quarter; Post-Test for Flagship students 8/18 (Sunday) Latest Dormitory Move-out Date
Note: The above schedule is subject to change in accordance with the announcement made by the Central Personnel Administration, Taiwan.
2019 PROGRAM FEES
Tuition US$4,600 *Textbooks included
Tuition Balance of US$4,000 due by May 16, 2019
Non-refundable Enrollment Deposit US$600 Priority Enrollment: Due by February 15, 2019
Non-priority Enrollment: Due by March 15, 2019
*Will be credited against the total tuition fee of US$4,600
Off-campus Dormitory NT$68,000
Due by May 16, 2019
*Includes a security deposit of NT$9,000 (approx. US$290), refundable once the student has met all the requirements of the check-out inspection. A fee will be deducted by PayPal in the refund process.
► All tuition and off-campus dormitory fees will be charged in New Taiwan Dollar by credit card or Paypal; hence, the amount in US dollar is subject to change without notice.
► Self-financed students MUST pay the FULL tuition fees and other required fees no later than on May 16, 2019. Otherwise, ICLP reserves the right to NOT schedule your courses.
In case you need to withdraw from the Program, please note the following refund guidelines:
- Students who submit refund application after they make the payment and before the course starts are entitled to a 90% refund of the tuition.
- Students who submit refund application before passing the first third of the course are entitled to a refund of 50% of the tuition.
- There will be no refund after the first third of the course.
- If the class is not open because there are fewer students enrolled than it is required or because of other reasons which has nothing to do with students, all the fees which are already paid will be returned.
- Except for the situation mentioned in point 4, there is no refund for the application fee.
- Refund application shall be submitted by 17:00 of the deadline. Please submit the following application documents to the ICLP office in person (the procedure takes about 1 hour)
- Refund application documents:
- application form
- original receipt
- original ICLP student ID card
- the photography of ID card/passport/ARC
- the photocopy of the cover page of the applicant’s bank account book (which shall clearly indicate the name of the branch of the bank and the account number)
- The refund can be expected in 3 weeks after the application submission is accepted and confirmed by the ICLP office (bank remittance handling fee might be charged, and the fee will be charged from the student).
- Postponing the enrollment: Those who cannot continue the program can apply for a “postponement of enrollment”.
- Application before the course starts: The enrollment and full tuition fee will be kept for one year.
- Application before passing the first third of the course: The enrollment and 2/3 of the tuition fee will be kept for one year. And the applicants shall pay the rest of the tuition fee before the beginning of the quarter the applicants plan to enroll in.
- No application for “postponement of enrollment” is accepted after passing the first third of the course.
- A handling fee and the difference in tuition will be charged in case the tuition fee is raised. But there is no refund if the tuition fee is reduced.
- The enrollment can be postponed only once. And once you apply for the postponement, no more refund will be given (even if you still cannot attend the course).
2019 Flagship Summer ProgramApplications for the 2019 Flagship Summer Program are scheduled to open on December 25, 2018.
Flagship students with overall Chinese language ability at or above the Intermediate-Mid level.
- Application Form
Includes a 200-word statement of purpose.
- ID photo
Please provide a digital, passport-sized, high-resolution photo in JPEG, JPG or PNG format. The Photo will be used for making your student ID card once you are admitted.
- List of Chinese language courses taken
- Language skills assessment form
To be completed directly on the ICLP Online Application System by your language instructor
- Chinese language proficiency exams and scores (if applicable)
APPLICATION LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT FORM Priority Deadline January 31, 2019 February 10, 2019 Regular Deadline February 16, 2019 February 24, 2019
*Admission decisions will be announced in approximately two weeks after the receipt of applications completed before the priority deadline.
*For applications submitted between the priority deadline and regular deadline, the admission decisions will be announced on March 4, 2019 via the online application system.
► ICLP Online Application System
(Closed for system upgrade and maintenance until December 20)
Some compatibility issues may occur with certain browsers; if pop-up messages do not show up properly, please try switching to another browser. Thank you for your patience.
To apply for other programs, please visit Academic Year Program or Summer Program.
- Application Form