#1Summer Program 暑期班
The summer program consists of nine weeks. Classes are held from Monday to Friday; students can expect to have one individual class as well as three group classes of three to four students each day*. One class is 50 minutes.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak and resulting travel restrictions worldwide, ICLP is offering an online track for students who may have difficulties traveling to Taiwan for the 2020 Summer Program. Admitted students may choose to enroll in either the Physical Track or Online Track, and must inform ICLP of their decision by May 3, 2020.
This Online Track package is only available for the 2020 Summer Program to students located outside of Taiwan.
► Further information on the two tracks, track selection deadlines, and refund policy for this summer (please click)
Prior to enrolling at ICLP, students are recommended to have at least two years of language training in Chinese or the equivalence thereof at an intensive program (with overall Chinese language ability at or above the Intermediate-Mid level, TOCFL B1, CEFR B1, or HSK4). Beginners are accepted once there are enough applicants to form a beginner's class.
Classes at the ICLP emphasize oral practice, so students must spend adequate time preparing and reviewing each lesson. While speaking is a core component of the ICLP curriculum, all classes provide comprehensive training in speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Coursework may include reading materials, recorded audio materials, written assignments, and speeches.
The ICLP is an immersive Chinese language environment. Textbooks are written in Chinese characters; some are rendered in simplified Chinese to suit students' needs. Students are required to speak exclusively in Chinese at all times, both in the classroom and within the ICLP area.
► Program Calendar
► Program Fees
► Application Information
For a more detailed listing of the class offerings and teaching materials at ICLP, please see our Textbooks.
Note: ICLP courses are known for their effectiveness. If ICLP is unable to find a class that suits a student's exact level or learning pace, our Instructional Office will modify the student's class module to two one-on-one classes a day so as to facilitate their learning.
2020 SUMMERWEDNESDAY, JUNE 10, 2020 TO FRIDAY, AUGUST 14, 2020Revised: 28 May 2020
6/10 (Wednesday) Registration and orientation for new students 6/12 (Friday) Class schedule and textbooks distributed 6/15 (Monday) Classes begin 6/25-6/28 (Thursday-Sunday) National Holiday: Dragon Boat Festival (ICLP closed) 8/6 (Thursday) Fall tuition due 8/13 (Thursday) Exit Exam 8/14 (Friday) Last day of Summer Quarter
Note: The above schedule is subject to change in accordance with the announcement made by the Central Personnel Administration, Taiwan.
► ICLP 2020-2021 Calendar
#Application Fee (non-refundable) NT$3,000 (approx. US$100) #Tuition Fees Fee USD Due Date Non-refundable Enrollment Deposit US$500 February 14, 2020 (Priority enrollment)
April 3, 2020 (Non-priority enrollment, first announcement)
April 15, 2020 (Non-priority enrollment, second announcement)
Physical Track Tuition US$4,850 May 14, 2020 for the tuition balance of US$4,350. Online Track Tuition US$4,000 May 14, 2020 for the tuition balance of US$3,500.
► All tuition fees are charged in New Taiwan Dollar by credit card; hence, the exact amount in US dollar is subject to change without notice.
► The tuition for the Physical Track covers textbooks/materials required for your classes, except for Independent Studies courses for High-Advanced level students. The enrollment deposit will be credited against the total tuition fee.
► Self-financed students must pay the FULL tuition and other required fees by the tuition due date. Otherwise, ICLP reserves the right to NOT schedule your courses.
If students need to withdraw from the Program, the following refund guidelines must be observed:
- Students who submit a refund application prior to the first day of class are entitled to a 90% refund of the tuition.
- Students who submit a refund application before the end of the first third of classes are entitled to a refund of 50% of the tuition.
- There will be no refund after the first third of the classes.
- If courses of an entire quarter are cancelled due to low enrollment or other reasons unrelated to the student, a full refund will be issued without interest.
- Except in the event of Item 4, no refund will be issued for the application fee.
- Refund applications shall be submitted by 17:00 of the due date. Please submit the following documents to the ICLP Office in person (the procedure takes about 1 hour):
- Application form (filled out at ICLP);
- Payment receipt (original);
- ICLP student ID card (original);
- Photocopy of national ID card, passport or ARC;
- Photocopy of the applicant's bank passbook (bankbook) cover page, which should clearly indicate the account name, account number and the name of the bank branch.
- Students who are unable to attend/continue the program may apply for a deferment of enrollment.
- When a deferment application is submitted prior to the first day of class, the enrollment deposit and/or full tuition will be held for one year.
- When a deferment application is submitted before the end of the first third of classes, two-thirds of the tuition will be held for one year. The applicant must pay the remaining tuition balance prior to the tuition due date of the quarter they wish to defer their enrollment to.
- No application for deferment will be accepted after the first third of the classes.
- A processing fee and any difference in tuition will be charged in the event that the tuition is raised. However, no refund of tuition difference will be issued if the tuition is reduced.
- Enrollment can only be deferred once. No refund application will be accepted once deferment is granted whether or not the applicant is able to enroll.
- Fees for optional courses, field trips, housing and insurance are non-refundable.
- The refund policy is in compliance with the Regulations for Implementation of Continuing Education at Higher Education Institutions (專科以上學校推廣教育實施辦法修正條文; 100.1.11教育部令) enacted by the R.O.C Ministry of Education.
2020 Summer ProgramApplication Deadline (Taiwan Time, UTC +8):
APPLICATION REFERENCE LETTERS Priority Deadline January 31, 2020 February 4, 2020 Regular Deadline March 13, 2020 March 17, 2020 Extended Deadline April 10, 2020 April 15, 2020
- Admission decisions will be announced in approximately two weeks after the receipt of applications fully completed before the priority deadline.
- For applications submitted between the priority deadline and regular deadline, the admission decisions will be announced via the online application system by the following dates:
First announcement: March 31, 2020
Second announcement: April 10, 2020
► 2020 Summer Application Requirements
► ICLP Online Application System (Application Closed)
Some compatibility issues may occur with certain browsers; if pop-up messages do not show up properly, please try switching to another browser. Thank you for your patience.