#1Academic Year Program 學年班
The academic year program consists of three ten to twelve-week quarters, and an optional summer term of nine weeks. Classes are held from Monday to Friday; students can expect to have three group classes of three to four students, as well as an individual class each day. All classes last one hour.
Classes at the ICLP emphasize oral practice, so students must spend adequate time preparing and reviewing each lesson. While speaking is a core component of the ICLP curriculum, all classes provide comprehensive training in speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Coursework may include reading materials, recorded audio materials, written assignments, and speeches.
The ICLP is an immersive Chinese language environment. Textbooks are written in Chinese characters; some are rendered in simplified Chinese to suit students’ needs. Students are required to speak exclusively in Chinese at all times, both in the classroom and within the ICLP area.
Students in the academic year program are encouraged to attend three consecutive quarters. From their second semester onward, students may tailor their coursework to their own interests. Splitting the year into three quarters provides students with the maximum opportunity to explore our diverse course options.
For a more detailed listing of the class offerings and teaching materials at ICLP, please see our Textbooks.
2016-2017 Academic Year Program
FALL QUARTERFRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2016 TO FRIDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2016
9/9 (Friday) Latest arrival date for new students, Tuition due for new students 9/12 (Monday) Placement Test 9/14(Wednesday) Orientation 9/15-9/18 (Thursday-Sunday) National Holiday: Mid-Autumn Festival (ICLP closed) 9/19-9/23 (Monday-Friday) Freshman Week 9/23 (Friday) Class schedule distributed; Textbooks ready for purchase 9/26 (Monday) Classes begin 10/8-10(Saturday-Monday) National Holiday: Double-Tenth Day (ICLP closed) 11/19-25 (Saturday-Friday) Language Mission Days 12/9(Friday) Winter tuition due 12/15(Thursday) Final Presentation 12/16(Friday) Last day of Fall Quarter; Final exam
WINTER QUARTERFRIDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2016 TO FRIDAY, MARCH 10, 2017
12/28 (Wednesday) Registration Day for New Students 12/30 (Friday) Class assignments distributed, Textbooks ready for purchase 12/31-1/2 (Saturday-Monday) National Holiday: New Year (ICLP closed) 1/3 (Tuesday) Classes begin 1/26-2/1 (Thursday-Wednesday) National Holiday: Chinese New Year (ICLP closed) 2/2 (Thursday) Classes resume 2/25-2/28 (Saturday-Tuesday) National Holiday: Peace Memorial Day (ICLP closed) 3/3 (Friday) Spring tuition due 3/10 (Friday) Last day of Winter Quarter; Final exam
SPRING QUARTERFRIDAY, MARCH 17, 2017 TO FRIDAY, MAY 26, 2017
3/17 (Friday) Class assignments distributed, Textbooks ready for purchase 3/20 (Monday) Classes begin 4/3-4/4 (Monday-Tuesday) National Holiday: Tomb-Sweeping Day (ICLP closed) 4/17-4/18 (Monday-Tuesday) Beigang Field Trip (ICLP closed) 5/1 (Monday) Labor Day (ICLP closed) 5/19 (Friday) Summer tuition due 5/25 (Thursday) Final exam/Exit Exam 5/26 (Friday) Last day of Spring Quarter
Note: The above schedule is subject to change in accordance with the announcement made by the Central Personnel Administration, Taiwan.
► ICLP 2016-2017 Calendar
► ICLP 2017-2018 Calendar
#Application Fee (non-refundable)
Academic Year Program 2017-2018 First Quarter (Fall Quarter) US $4,500 Second Quarter (Winter Quarter) US $4,200 Third Quarter (Spring Quarter) US $4,200 Summer Program 2018 US $4,500
►Self-financed students MUST pay the FULL tuition fees and other required fees no later than Registration Day (latest arrival date). Please be sure to pay the service charge for remittance. Otherwise, ICLP reserves the right to NOT schedule your courses.
►Check payors are required to cover the check-cashing fees by including an additional US$50 for each check they submit to ICLP. For checks with a face value of US$2,000 or more, the cashing fee for each check is US$80. The above rates are applicable to all checks sent in on and later than June 12, 2017 (by postmark). Applicants are strongly encouraged to use alternative paying methods, such as wire transfer, for all application fee, deposit, and tuition payment.
Fees will vary according to each student's class schedule; quarterly textbook costs average at US$50-$100.
Please find details on Insurance.
(For U.S. Dollar, Pound Sterling, Euro, Australian Dollar transfers)
Beneficiary's Name: National Taiwan University
Account Number: 154970000010
Bank Name: Hua Nan Commercial Bank, Ltd. Tai Ta Branch
Swift Code: HNBKTWTP154
Bank Address: No.1, Sec.4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei 106, Taiwan
(For New Taiwan Dollar transfers)
Beneficiary’s Name: National Taiwan University
Account Number: 154360000028
Bank Name: Hua Nan Commercial Bank, Ltd.
Swift Code: HNBKTWTP
Bank Address: No.1, Sec.4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei 106, Taiwan
(Chinese version for New Taiwan Dollar transfers)
(1) Please include applicant name and ICLP in the transfer payment details. The above accounts are shared by all National Taiwan University (NTU) units. Therefore, if NTU is unable to identify which unit or student the transfer is intended for, the payment will not be processed.
(2) Please ensure that the exact amount is received by ICLP. The remitter is responsible for all bank charges, including the intermediary bank fees. Banks in the United States generally charge US$50 for processing transfers.
(3) Submit proof of payment (e.g. bank receipt) to ICLP via email or fax as soon as you complete the transfer. Email: email@example.com Fax: +886-2-23626926
(4) Allow up to 7 business days for the transfer to be received by Hua Nan Bank and for NTU to process the payment.
(5) ICLP will email confirmation upon receipt of the payment.
In case you need to withdraw from the Program, please note the following refund guidelines:
- Students who submit refund application after they make the payment and before the course starts are entitled to a 90% refund of the tuition.
- Students who submit refund application before passing the first third of the course are entitled to a refund of 50% of the tuition.
- There will be no refund after the first third of the course.
- If the class is not open because there are fewer students enrolled than it is required or because of other reasons which has nothing to do with students, all the fees which are already paid will be returned.
- Except for the situation mentioned in point 4, there is no refund for the application fee.
- Refund application shall be submitted by 17:00 of the deadline. Please submit the following application documents to the ICLP office in person (the procedure takes about 1 hour)
- Refund application documents:
- application form
- original receipt
- original ICLP student ID card
- the photography of ID card/passport/ARC
- the photocopy of the cover page of the applicant’s bank account book (which shall clearly indicate the name of the branch of the bank and the account number)
- The refund can be expected in 3 weeks after the application submission is accepted and confirmed by the ICLP office (bank remittance handling fee might be charged, and the fee will be charged from the student).
- Postponing the enrollment: Those who cannot continue the program can apply for a “postponement of enrollment”.
- Application before the course starts: The enrollment and full tuition fee will be kept for one year.
- Application before passing the first third of the course: The enrollment and 2/3 of the tuition fee will be kept for one year. And the applicants shall pay the rest of the tuition fee before the beginning of the quarter the applicants plan to enroll in.
- No application for “postponement of enrollment” is accepted after passing the first third of the course.
- A handling fee and the difference in tuition will be charged in case the tuition fee is raised. But there is no refund if the tuition fee is reduced.
- The enrollment can be postponed only once. And once you apply for the postponement, no more refund will be given (even if you still cannot attend the course).
2017-2018 Academic Year ProgramPlease download the documents below and mail/E-mail them to ICLP.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2017
(On a rolling basis through August, 2017)
1. 2017-2018 Application Requirements
2. 2017-2018 Application Form
3. Reference Form
To apply for other programs, please visit Summer Program or Flagship Program.